NA-C70 Housing for Canon EOS C70 Cinema Camera
The Canon EOS C70 packs a lot of the features we love about cinema cameras into a small mirrorless style body. With a Super35 sensor using Canon's next generation Dual Gain Output, the C70 also includes Dual Pixel CMOS AF autofocus, a built in ND filter and is the first EOS cinema camera to use Canon's new RF lens mount. When you combine that with the "Canon Color" we have come to love underwater, this makes for one of the most compact and capable cinema cameras to date.
CANON EOS C70 CINEMA CAMERA
The Canon EOS C70 is a compact form-factor cinema camera built around a Super35 Dual Gain Output (DGO) Sensor. With 16+ stops of high dynamic range the C70 can record DCI 4K up to 60fps and 2K up to 120fps. Without the extended dynamic range it can capture UHD 4K up to 120fps and 2k up to 180fps. Integrated into the camera is a motorized 10-stop Neutral Density filter along with an air intake system allowing for unlimited video recording.
KEY CAMERA SPECIFICATIONS:
- Super35 Dual Gain Output (DGO) Sensory
- DCI 4K 60p, Hi-Speed UHD 4K 120p/2K 180p
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- 16+ Stops of High Dynamic Range
- DIG!C DV7 Image Processory
- Canon Log 2 and Log 3 Gamma
- Dual SD Card Slots
- RF Lens Mount
- Built-in ND Filters
NAUTICAM NA-C70 UNDERWATER HOUSING
Nauticam has long been producing industry-leading housings for Cinema cameras and have taken that experience to create the most advanced underwater cinema system housings available.
Taking advantage of the small form factor of the C70, the Nauticam NA-C70 is ultra-portable yet offers full access to the camera's critical functions. Regardless of where a button or control dial may lie on the camera body, Nauticam engineers obsess over making sure that access to that control on the housing be intuitively placed for ease of use to insure no shot is missed while searching for a button or dial. To take this a step further, Nauticam has also integrated the Nauticam to Canon SDK Control Board in the rear door of the housing which places a variety of electronic control functions at your finger tips. This connects to the camera through pogo pins between the rear housing door and the front camera tray eliminating the risk of straining any cables while opening the housing door for media or battery changes.
The Canon C70 presents shooters with the ability to use both the available legacy EF lenses via an adaptor in addition to the native RF optics. To support both the legacy and native lenses, Nauticam has integrated the NA-C70 into the N120 port system. Canon's EF to EOS R mount adaptors can be affixed to the camera before insertion into the housing. When using the EOS C70 inside the housing with the EF to EOS R adaptor and a supported EF lens, the port and extension ring arrangement will be identical to the same setup on a Nauticam Canon N120 EF-Mount housing. Two lens release buttons, one for RF and one for EF, are located on the front of the housing to make lens removal through the port opening simple. In addition to the standard EF to EOS R adaptors, there is also support for the Canon EF to EOS R 0.71x Mount Adaptor through an optional 16702 NA-C70 Camera Tray.
The housing will accommodate the Canon BP-A30 and larger BP-A60 batteries, providing plenty of run time. As with previous Cinema System housings, the Nauticam NA-C70 features large control knobs for focus and zoom which also feature marking disks that can be removed and marked with the desired lens position or focus information.
INTEGRATED VACUUM CHECK AND LEAK DETECTION SYSTEM
The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is shipped with NA-C70 as standard equipment, including the 25625 M16 Vacuum Valve II. This monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple color coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur. The Nauticam system is temperature compensated, eliminating false alarms caused by a change in outside temperature, or from a camera heating up on an action packed dive.
PREMIUM PROFESSIONAL OPTICS
Optical performance is just as necessary as camera performance and this becomes even more critical given the challenges of filming underwater. The Nauticam NA-C70 uses the same N120 Port System as the previous N120 cinema housings which makes for a seamless transition for those upgrading or looking to add an additional camera to their lineup. While this system provides exceptional optical-glass and flat port solutions for a wide variety of EF and RF mount lenses, the real power can be realized using Nauticam's Water Contact Optics. This lineup of dry and wet lenses are conceived using commercial lens-design software to achieve truly unparalleled underwater image quality both for stills and video in both macro and wide-angle situations. The WACP-1 and WACP-2 achieve ultra-wide 130º fields-of-view with reduced distortion over conventional optics while featuring ~0" minimum focus distances, zoom through capabilities and unbeatable corner sharpness at even wide-open apertures such as F5.6. The SMC-1 and SMC-2 macro wet-optics, when used with the Canon 100mm F2.8L macro lens provide 2x and 4x magnification respectively and the SMC-1 actually provides a resulting image with increased contrast and sharpness than the 100mm lens itself can achieve in air without a magnifier.
Support and Downloads
What's In The Box
- NA-C70 Housing
- Nauticam to Canon SDK Control Board
- 25625 M16 Vacuum Valve II
- 90222 Housing O-ring, O-ring remover and lubricant
- 2x Handles with mounting balls
- Monitor shade
- Panasonic CR-2032 Battery (for moisture alarm and vacuum system)
- Set of Allen Keys
- Padded housing bag and shoulder strap
- 16701 Top Handle for E2/F/C70/BGH1/Komodo
- 25613 M16 Dual Activation Vacuum Valve
- 25218 Mounting Ball Set for Tripod
- 17959 Housing mounting ball with 1/4" screws
- 16702 NA-C70 Camera Tray to use with EF-EOSR 0.71X Mount Adapter
HDMI Recommended Configurations
For HDMI 2.0 Cable System
- 25086 M24 adaptor for HDMI 2.0 Cable
- 25702 M24A3R210-M28A1R170 HDMI 2.0 Cable (for NA-C70 to use with Ninja V housing)
- 17922 Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable)
- 17922S Nauticam Atomos Ninja V-S Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable) with Atomos AtomX SDI Module*
*includes monitor hood, vacuum valve, SDI bulkhead (25058+25080）and internal SDI cable(25060).
For HDMI 1.4 Cable System
- 25033 Standard HDMI Cable with M16 Thread
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25701 HDMI (D-A) 1.4 Cable in 260mm length for NA-C70 (for connection from HDMI bulkhead to camera)
- 17906 NA-502H Housing for SmallHD 502 Monitor
- 17920 NA-502B-H Housing for SmallHD 502 Bright Monitor
- 17923 NA-Shinobi-H Housing for Atomos Shinobi 5.2" 4K HDMI Monitor with
HDMI 1.4 input
For Surface SDI Monitor with Compatible Monitor Housing
- 25058* M16 SDI Bulkhead
- 25060* SDI Cable in .3m Length for Connection from Camera to Underside of SDI Bulkhead
- 25065* SDI surface monitor cable in 45m length (for connection from SDI Bulkhead to Surface Monitor on land)
- 25059 SDI cable extension adaptor
- 25062 SDI cable in 5m length (for connection between SDI Bulkheads)
- 25063 SDI cable in 30m length (for connection between SDI Bulkheads)
- 25064 SDI surface monitor cable in 15m length (for connection from SDI Bulkhead to Surface Monitor on land)
(* marked items are essential items SDI Surface Monitor)