Nauticam NA-ZVE1 Waterproof Housing for Sony ZV-E1 Mirrorless Digital Camera
THE SONY ZV-E1 CAMERA
The Sony ZV-E1 is a compact and lightweight camera that packs a punch with its high-end video specifications. It features a 12MP Quad Bayer BSI full frame sensor and an ISO range of 80-102,400, extendable to 40-409,600. The ZV-E1 is capable of recording 4K 60p with no sensor crop and 4K 120p with a small 1.1x crop, offering 10-bit 4:2:2 internal recording with S-Log2, S-Log3, and S-Cinetone. It has a single card slot compatible with SD UHS-II. The camera lacks a viewfinder, instead featuring a rear LCD monitor with advanced touch screen capabilities. The ZV-E1 is equipped with a dedicated AI processing unit that can recognize subjects more in-depth, making it a powerful tool for videography. It also introduces a new option for image stabilization, and offers unique features such as Breathing Compensation and CineVlog mode. The release of the ZV-E1 is exciting because it brings high-end video specifications, previously only available in more expensive models like the Sony A7S III, to a more affordable and compact package. This makes advanced videography more accessible to a broader range of creators.
Key Camera Specs
- 12MP full-frame CMOS sensor with no mechanical shutter
- UHD 4K video at up to 60p without crop
- Full HD (1080) footage at up to 120p
- 10-bit 4:2:2 capture (All-I or LongGOP)
- 4K/120p and 1080/240 will be added later (a paid upgrade in some regions)
- 5-axis image stabilization
- UVC 4K/30p video stream when plugged in as USB device
- Unlimited 4K/30p, 30 minutes 4K/60p (at 25°C)
- Single UHS-II SD slot
- Micro HDMI slot
- 483g including battery
NAUTICAM NA-ZVE1 UNDERWATER HOUSING
Nauticam is the industry leader in mirrorless interchangeable lens underwater camera support. Nauticam has housed more mirrorless cameras, and more Sony E Mount cameras than any other housing manufacturer. This experience results in the most evolved housing line with broadest range of accessories available today.
Pioneering optical accessories elevate performance to a new level. Magnifying viewfinders, the sharpest super macro accessory lenses ever made, and now the highest quality water contact wide angle lenses (the WWL and WACP family) combine with the NA-ZVE1 housing to form a complete imaging system.
Nauticam is known for ergonomics, and an unmatched experience. Key controls are placed at the photographer’s fingertips. The housing and accessories are light weight, and easy to assemble. The camera drops in without any control presetting, and lens port changes are effortless.
NA-ZVE1 features an integrated handle system. This ergonomic style provides exceptional control access, even with thick gloves, with ideal placement of the shutter release and a thumb-lever to actuate the AF-ON button from the right handle.
Nauticam build quality is well known by underwater photographers around the globe. The housing is machined from a solid block of aluminum, then hard anodized making it impervious to salt water corrosion. Marine grade stainless and plastic parts complete the housing, and it is backed by a two year warranty against manufacturing defects.
The NA-ZVE1 features an M24 bulkhead which supports the Nauticam HDMI 2.0/1.4 cable system which can be paired with supported external monitors/recorders. Two of the most popular external monitors setups are the Atomos Ninja V and the newly released SmallHD Ultra 5.
PREMIUM PROFESSIONAL OPTICS
Optical performance is just as necessary as camera performance and this becomes even more critical given the challenges of filming underwater. The Nauticam NA-ZVE1 uses the same N100 Port System as other Sony full-frame mirrorless housings which makes for a seamless transition for those upgrading or looking to add an additional camera to their lineup. While this system provides exceptional optical-glass and flat port solutions for a wide variety lenses, the real power can be realized using Nauticam's Water Contact Optics. This lineup of dry and wet lenses are conceived using commercial lens-design software to achieve truly unparalleled underwater image quality both for stills and video in both macro and wide-angle situations. While there are many options, we'll focus on the most compact and versatile setup to match the travel friendly size of the ZV-E1.
WWL-1B is a wide angle conversion lens, compatible with the Sony FE 28-60mm f/4-5.6 lens, providing 130 degree diagonal field of view with full zoom through! The WWL-1B offers class leading center sharpness, corner sharpness, and contrast resulting in some of the best wide angle images possible underwater.
CMC-1 and CMC-2 provide the best macro performance for the Sony FE 28-60mm f/4-5.6 lens, with two different magnification strengths, suitable for a wide variety of macro subjects. CMC-2 is less strong, making it easier to use with more accurate autofocus. CMC-1 is best suited for the smallest of macro subjects. Macro enthusiasts will surely want both!
The WACP-C and WACP-1 achieve ultra-wide 130º fields-of-view with reduced distortion over conventional optics while featuring ~0" minimum focus distances, zoom through capabilities and unbeatable corner sharpness at even wide-open apertures such as F5.6.
VACUUM CHECK AND LEAK DETECTION
The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is shipped with NA-ZVE1 as standard equipment. With the addition of the optional M14 Vacuum Valve (25624) this monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple color coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur. The Nauticam system is temperature compensated, eliminating false alarms caused by a change in outside temperature, or from a camera heating up on an action packed dive.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- NA- ZVE1 Housing
- 90139 Spare main O-ring, O-ring remover and lubricant
- 2x Handles with mounting balls
- Panasonic CR-2032 Battery (for moisture alarm and vacuum detector)
- Set of Allen Keys
- Manual instruction card
- Padded housing bag and shoulder strap
PDF Manual Coming Soon!
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25056 M14 Nikonos 5-pin bulkhead with universal hotshoe connection
- 25131 LCD Magnifier attachment rails for NA-RX100III/RX100IV/RX100V/LX10
- 25106 LCD Magnifier with Dioptric Adjustment
- 25221 M10 strobe mounting ball for housing
- 25624 M14 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 25625 M16 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 26302 Mini Flash Trigger for Sony (compatible with NA-A7/A7II/A9/A7SIII/A7C)
- 26216 Universal Optical Fiber Cable
- 17959 Housing Mounting Ball with 1/4'' Screws
- 37202 Nikonos adaptor for NA-A7II/A9/A7RIII/A7RIV/a2020
Required accessories for HDMI 2.0 Cable System
- 25086 M24 adaptor for HDMI 2.0 cable (incl. tightening tool)
- 25xxx M24D2R200-M28A1R170 HDMI 2.0 Cable (for NA-ZVE1) TBD
Required accessories for HDMI 1.4 Cable System
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25046 HDMI (D-D) cable in 200mm length for NA-RX100V/GH4/A7 (for connection from HDMI bulkhead to camera)
- 25033 standard HDMI bulkhead with M16 thread
*25033,25046 are included in 17923 NA-Shinobi-H Housing
- 17923 NA-Shinobi-H Housing for Atomos Shinobi 5.2" 4K HDMI Monitor with HDMI 1.4 input
- 17922 Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable)
- 17926 Nauticam NA-Ultra5 Housing for SmallHD Ultra 5 Camera Monitor
- 25082 HDMI 1.4 Cable for Ninja V Housing in 0.75m Length (for connection from Ninja V housing to HDMI Bulkhead)
*25082 HDMI 1.4 Cable is required for use with 17922/17926 monitor housing.